Formative Pruning is the initial pruning in the early years of a trees growth, to create a balanced healthy strong branch structure, desirable form and to correct any defects or weaknesses.
The tree form is made up of: trunk, framework branches & lateral branches.
Formative pruning is quite often used on fruit trees, a technique that is employed to control growth, remove dead or diseased wood, stimulate the formation of flowers and/or fruit buds.
Quite often it means cutting branches shorter or removing altogether.
It may also mean the removal of shoots (including stems), buds & leaves.
- We combine Quality Workmanship, Superior Knowledge and Low Prices
- We Can Ensure a Job is Done on Time and on Budget
- Proven Results for Setting Exceptional Standards in Tree Surgery
- Professional Service for Private and Commercial Customers
- Decades of Experience and a Real Focus on Customer Satisfaction